Thursday, August 11, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

Today is Lexi's 9th birthday.  I feel a little bad that we're not really doing anything special today to celebrate, but then again, she's already had two parties.  And she did get to blow out a "candle" on her French toast this morning (we couldn't find any actual candles, so it was a match, but she didn't care.)

Nine!

On Monday, I told the girls that we had a big, fun day planned for Tuesday, but that it was a surprise (we were taking them to Lagoon, a local amusement park.)  Ellie immediately asked if we were going for ice cream.  I love that my kids view ice cream as a big, fun surprise.

Spending time with grandparents is great, but I know I'm going to pay for it when we get home.  Apparently, everything Grandma does is right, and I don't do anything like Grandma.

At Lagoon on Tuesday, we discovered that Lexi doesn't like fast rides, Ellie does, and Vicki, who gets carsick driving to school, can go on upside-down roller coasters without losing her lunch.  Go figure.

Apparently, there is a letter waiting at home telling us who Vicki's homeroom teacher is this year.  I can't wait to find out.  Not that I know anything about any of the teachers at the middle school, but it would be nice to know which of her friends are with her.

I can't think of any more random thoughts.  Vacation brain, I guess.

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...