Monday, November 23, 2009

Drawing a Blank

I want to blog.

Or maybe just write.

I want to have profound and meaningful things to write about.  I want to leave my mark on the world.

I started a post tonight that wants to be all those things.  But I don't have the energy to finish it.  It involved pictures.  Lots and lots of pictures, and despite the ease of Blogger's new and improved picture uploader, it still takes effort, effort which I do not feel like putting forth.

I feel like the blog is being neglected.  I faithfully come back each Thursday, because I've discovered that Random Thoughts Thursday has some sort of magical powers.  It draws people in, and I like people reading my blog.  It makes me, in a very TAMN-like way, feel validated.  But the rest of the week doesn't have the same kind of draw, for any of us, and I've developed writer's block.

Either that, or mommy's loss of momentum.

Life is busy.  November and December are crazy months.  I love this time of year, but man, it's nuts.  I don't know if I'm at the point yet when I can say I'll be glad when the holidays are over, but a day or two of downtime would be nice.  (As long as that downtime is not in the form of another illness, thank you very much.  We're done with that now, okie-dokie?)

For someone who started this post thinking she had nothing to say, I sure do have a lot to say, huh?  I've got nothing to blog about, so I blog about nothing.*

I'm drawing a blank, and Ellie's drawing on the walls.


It's me, there on the left.  You can tell because of the short, curly hair.  I think she thought I wouldn't get as mad at her for using the walls as a canvas AGAIN if it was a picture of me.  The sad thing is, I didn't.  I didn't succeed in trying not to laugh, I took a picture and then I didn't even make her clean it up.

The way I see it is: at least I'm making a mark somewhere!

*10 points if you get the song reference

5 comments:

  1. ooh, I don't know the song reference, but I am going to guess the Beatles or Simon and Garfunkle. Maybe "Nowhere Man?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a loser. Don't know the song reference (although I have a feeling that once you say what it is, I'm going to smack myself on the forehead and do a great Homer Simpson impression, "D'oh!")

    I come to your blog on other days besides Thursdays. I love your blogging. Even when you blog about nothing. I've been blogging for what? 4 years now. There are a LOT of "nothing" posts, believe me. Sometimes they turn into the best posts I have. So... keep writing and I'll keep reading (and I'll try to do better about leaving comments because I totally get the validation thing. And I was not doing a TAMN impression there!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry we read all your posts profound or otherwise. (Oh, I don't know the song reference either.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys!

    I would actually be surprised if anyone did know the song. It's a reference to what Chris and I like to refer to as the Ebert family theme song, which is called "I See Spiders (When I Close My Eyes)" by The Boy Least Likely To. The line I was loosely quoting actually goes like this: "I've got nothing to worry about, so I worry about nothing." Emily, tell me that's not spot on for Eberts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait, there's a new picture uploader? I haven't been informed, do tell!!!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...