Thursday, September 3, 2009

Random Thoughts Thursday

I’m baking bread for the first time in a really long time. Mmmmmm...smells soooo tasty. I think we'll have grilled cheese (it always feels like less of a cop-out when I use homemade bread) and fresh tomato soup tonight for dinner. Yum!

Five more days until school starts!!! But I’m not looking forward to getting two of the girls out of the house. Oh, no, not at all.

It cracks me up when the girls roll over in bed and whack into their metal magnet boards. How they can do that and not wake up is a mystery to me. (Not that I’m complaining!)

I have found a new website to love. Okay, well, this isn’t a recent find, but I’ve finally decided to just link to it so I can find it whenever I want. Check out Feminist Mormon Housewives. Is that an awesome name or what? You don’t even have to be a feminist, or a Mormon, or a housewife, (or even a woman, for that matter.) I promise.

Apparently this week is the 70th anniversary of the film The Wizard of Oz. And, somewhat appropriately, Lexi is currently (and dramatically) lamenting the loss of her ruby shoes, which she outgrew at least 3 years ago, and, just for good measure, her “Dorothy dress”, which is not the blue and white gingham one I made her for Halloween four years ago, but the red velvet Christmas dress that she wore almost daily when she was 2. When she gets like this she reminds me of my sister (love you, Adrie!), who cried when my mom threw out the old, broken waffle iron.

Cakewrecks refuses to load on my computer today. No fair!

If a tree falls in the forest and my children are anywhere in the vicinity, would anyone hear it over the ruckus?

Speaking of ruckus and words that sound similar and mean pretty much the same thing, is anyone else as excited as I am for the Where the Wild Things Are movie? “Let the wild rumpus begin!”

How did Lexi come to own so many clothes? You’d think Ellie would have the most, what with hand-me-downs, but somehow it’s Lexi whose drawers are overflowing.

Is it wrong that it’s after 1:00 and my kids are still in their pajamas?

5 comments:

  1. is it wrong that I didnt take a shower til one and out my pajamas back on after?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have dinner at your house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pajama days,and I am excited about the movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm way excited for the "Where The Wild Things Are" movie too. Looks awesome. And nothing wrong with pj's.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I didn't remember that about Adrienne.

    And I'm excited about anything Spike Jonze does.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...