Thursday, November 27, 2008

Random Thoughts Thursday (Thanksgiving Edition)


Happy Thanksgiving!


In the spirit of the holiday, I thought I'd go for a little less randomness today and instead share some of the things I'm thankful for. Enjoy!


A loving husband. Chris always manages to make me laugh, even when I didn’t know I had it in me. He is an awesome father and I know the girls love him almost as much as I do. He works hard to provide for our family, but he also knows how to have a great time together. I love him more than I ever thought possible.

Three beautiful daughters. Vicki is the most cheerful kid I know. She goes through life with a song in her heart, and usually on her lips as well. She throws herself fully into whatever she is doing and loves to create things on her own. I’m so proud of her decision to be baptized in a week! Lexi keeps us on our toes. She always has something to say, and never fails to come up with the most poetic way to say it. She has the most awesome imagination and loves to pretend. She is a ball of boundless energy, but she also has a softer side and knows just what to say to help people feel loved. Ellie is my cuddly kid, the one with the big smiles and hugs and kisses whenever I need them. She has the greatest sense of humor and keeps us constantly in stitches. She is the little queen of her castle and isn’t afraid to let everyone know it.

Extended family. It used to be that this meant my grandparents, aunts & uncles, and cousins. Now it includes my parents, siblings, and in-laws, as well. We are blessed to be a part of such wonderful families who love us.

Friends, old and new. I have been blessed to go through life surrounded by people I love. Some of you are “golden” friends, and some of you are still “silver”, but I love you all.

The Internet. Sad, I know, but I have been able to reconnect with many old friends this way, and for that I am truly grateful.

A “job”. I babysit four days a week. Honestly, it’s a piece of cake. I have two very well-behaved little girls I watch, and it means that Ellie is always busy and I can do the things I need to without too much interruption. And it brings in enough extra that the girls get to do some really fun activities that they otherwise wouldn’t.

Education. Without it, Chris wouldn’t have the job he does, in a firm we both love. And our girls go to a great school with awesome teachers and a wonderful principal. We have yet to be seriously disappointed.

A nice house. It may not be big, but it’s warm and safe. And it’s ours! We love our little house and are even grateful for the chance we had to remodel – a true blessing in disguise.

Food. I know there are so many out there who don’t get to eat a hot turkey dinner today, and I’m so grateful that we have enough to provide for our basic needs. Our Thanksgiving dinner may not have been the fanciest or most elaborate we’ve ever had, but it was ours and it was good.

My Savior, Jesus Christ. I have been reading the New Testament the past couple of months, and it has given me a new understanding and appreciation for the life and mission of the Savior, and what He means to me in my life. I am grateful for His atonement, and the knowledge I have that if I do all I can to live up to His teachings, I will be able to see Him again one day, and live with my family forever.

3 comments:

  1. You are wonderful Allie! We can't wait to see you in a few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. The kind that just makes me feel so good to read. Glad you are thankful- you have such a blessed life!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...