Thursday, November 24, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday - Thanksgiving Edition

Not so random today, but that's okay.

Today I'm thankful for:

My Family.  I'm blessed with an amazing and supportive husband, who has yet to complain about the shambles the house has fallen into since I went back to school.  I'm blessed with three daughters who remind me every day what is truly important in life.  I'm blessed with parents who loved me enough to let me go and a sister and two brothers who have clearly forgiven me for being the bossy big sister I was.  I'm blessed with in-laws who welcomed me warmly to their family years ago and continue to love me like one of their own daughters.  And I'm especially blessed that so many of our family could be with us today.

My Savior.  I may have doubts and questions at times, but the one thing I will always know is true is that I am a daughter of God and He loves me and knows me and is always there for me.

My Village.  Time and again, my wonderful friends and neighbors have been there for me when I've needed them.  I only hope I can give back what's been given to me.

Technology.  Because of modern technology, my children can talk face-to-face with their grandparents even though 800 miles separates them.

Music.  Nothing lifts a weary soul like good music.  And nothing makes a mother smile like her children singing.

Food.  What can I say?  I appreciate good food.

Happy Thanksgiving, friends!  My your turkey be juicy, your potatoes fluffy, and your pie every bit as good as you imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...