Thursday, March 3, 2011

Random Thoughts Thursday (late afternoon edition)

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

Oh, yeah, it's Thursday.  I almost forgot.  It's been a little crazy around here.

Guess what happens when you're friends with the person running the show at the elementary school book fair?  You get phone calls that begin with the phrase How much do you love me? and end with you agreeing to spend two hours doing this:

I have never had so many hugs and high fives in one evening.
It was awesome.

I seem to talk about the girls' school a lot.  Well, you know something else I love about our school?  The kids get to take public transportation on field trips.  Maybe some people wouldn't see this as a good thing, but I do.

I'm actually making an effort to lose that stubborn last 10 pounds that have been hanging around since I had Ellie.  But I'm trying to do it without really changing much in my lifestyle.  Ask me how well that's going.  Cadbury Creme Egg season is not the right time to decide to get serious about losing weight.

I bought the girls new umbrellas yesterday.  We live in Oregon; they should probably each have had a working umbrella long before now.


I'm tired of the rain, though.

Two more weeks until Spring Break, and our second annual girls' (and Grandpa) week in St. George!  We can't wait!

I've been wondering, what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?

********
Your turn!

If you do a Random Thoughts post on your own blog, I'd love to know about it!  Leave me a comment and I'll come read!

4 comments:

  1. You make a great Clifford, Allie! What a fun surprise and what a good sport you are. Love the umbrellas, too...and the cute girls holding them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. Gotta agree with you there. Cadbury Egg season is no kind of time to lose weight. Fortunately, I don't have to get serious about it until after May. But then...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Creme Egg season is not the time to try to lose weight (although my preference is for Cadbury Mini-eggs, which are actually quite hard to find) but I can't think of a time where there isn't some overly tasty unhealthy food that prevents the weight loss.
    About the only thing that ever really helped was the year I had about 100 grapefruits and I made a rule that I couldn't eat chocolate until I had one (if i am hungry for chocolate, i am hungry for grapefruit).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. As in it is addressed almost hourly how many days until then. I just hope the good weather down there holds.

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...