Thursday, August 26, 2010

Random Thoughts Thursday

If you're new to Random Thoughts Thursday, click here for details!

To get a copy of the above image, click here!

Why do movies that never made me cry as a kid make me cry as an adult? Why can’t I just enjoy the end of Mary Poppins without crying? I didn’t even watch the whole movie, just the last 15 minutes!

Speaking of crying, I’m reading Where the Red Fern Grows with the girls. We’re getting close to the end. I’m not sure I want to finish it. I have never, since I first read it when I was about Lexi’s age, been able to get through that book without sobbing.

Now I want a dog.

And I need a bigger car.

When I was looking for pictures for this post, I found this one:
Please ignore my awkward hair and glasses.  In fact, don't look at me at all.  Look at my little sister.  Ellie looks exactly like her, just with lighter (and shorter) hair. I have seen that exact expression on her face a hundred times.  Of course, my sister is stunningly gorgeous, so if Ellie grows up to look just like her, well, I'm totally fine with that.

I need a scanner, too.

A couple of years ago My brother gave us some DVDs with all the movies he’d made up to that point. On one of them is a little gem called “Apokalyse Klown”. If you want your children scarred for life, send them to my house.

We got a new computer. It’s nicer than the old one. But there are a few things that are different and I feel so old trying to figure it all out. Especially since Vicki is totally down with it. In my defense, I grew up in a Mac family, but married into a PC. Yes, that’s my defense, and I’m hanging onto it for dear life.

I hear about all these people sending their kids off to school already, and I feel jealous. Another two weeks…I can make it…I can make it.

Why did Old Navy stop selling their uniform skirts and jumpers?

Why does Word keep trying to autosave stuff when Word isn’t even open? I clearly don’t know enough about computers.

My daughter and her friend made a mean lemon meringue pie yesterday. I may be out of a job as the family chef pretty soon here. And that may not be a bad thing.

********
Your turn!

A bit of advice for the linky tool: please link directly to your Random Thoughts Thursday post, and not to your entire blog. To do this, simply click on the title of your post. This will take you to that post's page, and you can then copy and paste that url into the linky. This way people linking from my blog won’t have to scroll through any other posts you might put up to find your randomness. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. When I looked at that picture of your family. I thought, "Oh my word, Ellie looks just like her sister." And that was even before I read your thought below. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't spend too much time looking at your sister -- I couldn't tear my eyes off of that great picture of you!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...