Wednesday, November 28, 2007

IKEA, YouKEA, we all KEA for IKEA!

The first sign that you've been spending too much time in a particular store is when your 2-year-old can recognize the store from any angle.

IKEA opened up here this summer and we've become junkies. We love it. It's cheap, the stuff looks good, and it's reasonable well-made and long lasting. So I've been there several times, and since the easiest time to shop is when the older two are in school, Ellie gets to go with me. Somehow she thinks that when I'm saying IKEA, what I mean is MyKEA. So we drove by this morning, on the complete opposite side of the store from where you enter the parking lot, on our way to drop Chris off at the airport and she yelled, "Look Mommy, there's your KEA!"

4 comments:

  1. Amen and Amen! We love Ikea! And how in the world can you miss that store, it is bright blue! I drove past yours up in Oregon a week ago and boy is that thing huge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Ikea...how I love thee. Ours has the most awesome food court. If it was closer to home, I would go there just to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't tried the food court yet, although every time we go the shopping carts wave their "kids meals 99 cents!" flags at us and Ellie points out the food ads in the elevator. "Yummy, Mommy, wackamoni cheese!" I'm sure it won't be long before we succumb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Allison,

    Greetings from Hannah, Doug and Emma. Carrie and Zack told us you blogged so I made sure to stop by and see how you guy's were doing. Thanks for letting us catch up with your adorable family. Best Christmas wishes to each of you!

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...